24 September 2020
Canon today announces the launch of the EOS C70 – the smallest and lightest Cinema EOS camera to date that is the first to combine the powerful image quality of Canon’s Cinema EOS System range with the portability and flexibility of its EOS R line-up. For the first time ever, filmmakers using a Canon Cinema EOS System camera can enjoy the incredible possibilities of the powerful RF lens range.
The EOS C70’s design makes it perfect for a broad range of uses including documentaries, productions of all sizes, news gathering and now even social media – thanks to its unique vertical shooting capability. Its size and features enable filmmakers to shoot handheld or on a drone or gimbal – giving them enhanced creative freedom. What’s more, it offers multiple recording formats to SD cards – including 4K up to 120 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit in XF-AVC (All-I or Long-GOP), and MP4 in HEVC (H.265) or H.264 – providing filmmakers with the ability to meet diverse production requirements.
• 4K/120fps, Super 35mm CMOS sensor with low noise
• Dual Gain Output, 16+ stops of dynamic range
• RF Mount, Fast autofocus and improved image stabilisation
• 4K (4:2:2 10-bit), Up to 410Mbps internal recording, supporting ALL-I and Long GOP formats
• MP4 (4:2:2 10-bit), Up to 225Mbps internal recording, supporting Long GOP format and HVEC
• Dual SD Card slots, Pre-Rec. / Simultaneous Rec. / Relay Rec. / Mixed Codec Recording
• High Dynamic Range support, SMPTE ST 2084 and ITU-R BT.2100 (HLG/PQ)
• DIGIC DV 7 Processor
• Pioneering Autofocus Technology, Accurate and reliable, with touch screen control
Also launching today is the Mount Adapter EF-EOS R 0.71x – an EF Lens to RF Mount adapter giving filmmakers the freedom to use the entire EF lens line-up with the EOS C70, enhancing compatibility across two of Canon’s most popular lens ranges.
Canon has also announced a flexible hybrid concept 20x 4K broadcast zoom lens, the CJ20ex5B IASE S. A 2-in-1 broadcast lens with a powerful 20x zoom range, covering 5mm wide angle up to 100mm. This lens benefits from Canon’s optical 4K performance with advanced operation, is suitable for a wide range of broadcast applications, and completes Canon’s 4K broadcast lens line-up.
• UHDxs class 4K optical quality
• Hybrid Concept wide & telephoto
• 5.0-100mm zoom range (10 -200mm with optical extender)
• f/1.8 - f/2.95 maximum aperture
• Built-in 2x extender
• Enhanced digital drive unit
• Virtual systems compatibility via 16-bit encoding
Behind the Scenes "Give This Heart A Pen"
Be among the first to try the new Canon EOS C70 camera, by joining our no-obligation list, HERE.