The Nikon Speedlight SB-900 Flashgun also features additional useful functions, including the ability to swivel the head up to 180 degrees left or right, a built-in overheat protection system and automatic filter detection which delivers an unprecedented white balance correction, even in fluorescent lighting conditions.
Using the SB-900, you can make the most of the benefits of the Nikon Creative Lighting System for both automation and comprehensive control, giving you the opportunity to explore endless lighting possibilities.
Nikon Speedlight SB900 Major Features
- The multi-step auto zoom covers a wide 17-200mm zoom range (compared to 24-105mm on the SB-800)
- Standard, centre-weighted and even illumination patterns are available to match any shooting environment
- Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats are automatically detected and suitable light distribution is selected
- An improved booster circuit gives high-speed recycle time: Recycle time using four AA-size batteries is almost equal to the SB-800 with five AA-size batteries
- AF-Assist illumination covers a wide 20-105 mm focal range that is compatible with the new Multi-CAM3500 FX/DX AF sensor
- The SB-900 facilitates firmware updates via the Nikon D3 and D700 (See note below)
- Thermal cut-out function limits the number of flashes to avoid deterioration of light emitting parts caused by continuous flash firing
- Colour filters (fluorescent or incandescent) are automatically detected, enabling the camera to control colour temperature according to filter information from SB-900
- Enhanced switch panel for improved usability
- Improved GUI using a large-size LCD dot panel
- Bounce capability: tilts up to 90º, down to -7º, rotates horizontally 180º to right and left
- Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to three remote groups of SB-900s or other compatible Speedlight controlled through the master SB-900