New optical design: advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tanatalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, and reduced distortion and vignetting.
The Metabones Speed Booster ULTRA has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors from 1.5x to 1.07x. The new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is well corrected for use with virtually all fullframe SLR lenses regardless of exit pupil distance. Thus, the Speed Booster ULTRA performs extremely well with professional-grade f/2.8 zoom lenses such as the 24-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 zooms by Canon to produce 17-50mm f/2.0 and 50-142mm f/2.0 high-speed zooms, respectively. Similarly, high-speed fixed focal length lenses such as a 50mm f/1.2 will be transformed into a 35.5mm f/0.9 lens with excellent contrast and resolution from the center all the way to the edges of the image.
• Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop
• Increase MTF
• Makes lens 0.71x wider
• Advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tanatalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
• Electronic integration of aperture diaphragm, controlled by or from the camera body
• Partial autofocus support for late-model (post-2006) Canon-brand lenses
• Powered by camera body. No external power source required
• High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply
• The tripod foot is detachable
• Flocking material coating inside the inner hole reduces internal reflections
|D-Res 10AW Case||1|
|1/4 Mounting Bracket With 2 Allen Key Screws||1|
17 July 2017
Speed Boosters are well known in the video world, but how do they perform for photographers?Read full article
PLEASE NOTE: Autofocus speed is very slow for most moving subjects. The autofocus speed is unfit for professional use and it would disappoint most enthusiasts.