A polarizer filter allows light from certain angles to pass through the filter while simultaneously rejecting light from other angles. The resulting effect that polarizers have on photography is almost magical. Bright glaring reflections on water magically disappear. Foliage becomes deep and rich. Haze evaporates from the sky leaving clouds silhouetted against dramatic blue skies.
• Darkening the sky to a richer blue color.
• Increasing contrast between sky and clouds.
• Removing specular highlights from foliage.
• Shooting through windows.
• Removing reflections from the surface of water.