Put yourself in a winning position with a super-fast telephoto zoom lens that gives you the prime advantage for sports and more.
All the benefits of a zoom. All the qualities of a prime
When you need the incredible focusing speed, sharpness and performance of a prime lens plus the versatility of a zoom, the RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM gives you both. With a fast f/2.8 aperture right across the zoom range, incredible sharpness, a 5.5-stop Image Stabilizer and L-series weather sealing, it’s a lens that sets new standards.
A pro zoom with versatile telephoto power
Capture the fastest sports photography moments plus challenging news and wildlife assignments with this lightweight and compact f/2.8 zoom, built to deliver a winning performance.
Blazingly fast, responsive and precise
Dual Nano USM motors offer fast, quiet focusing with extra control from a customisable lens control ring. Handheld shooting is easy too thanks to a 5.5-stop Optical Image Stabilizer.
Incredible image quality that redefines a zoom
A moulded glass aspheric lens, unusual in a super telephoto, along with UD and fluorite elements work together to deliver incredible detail, with reduced chromatic aberration, ghosting and flare.
Creative control when you need it most
A 9-blade aperture renders highlights and out-of-focus areas beautifully while a 1.8m minimum focusing distance lets you capture close-up detail at any focal length.
Built for professionals
The L-series RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM will perform in whatever conditions you encounter thanks to advanced environmental sealing, shock resistance and white, heat-blocking paint.
Add even more versatility with RF extenders
Boost the RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM up to 200-600mm f/5.6 with the RF 2x extender, or 140-420mm f/4 with the RF 1.4x extender with no sacrifice in focus speed or durability.
• 100-300mm focal length for versatile telephoto reach
• Dual Nano USM motor: fast, smooth and near-silent operation
• 5.5-stops Image Stabilisation for ultimate handheld control even in low light
• Aspheric, Fluorite and UD elements achieve exceptionally sharp images
• Heat shield coating: consistent operation in high temperatures
• Extender compatibility – use with RF 2x and RF 1.4x Extenders
• Lens control ring for extra control over ISO, aperture and shutter speed
• 9-blade circular aperture: create beautifully smooth bokeh