06 March 2020
Live Streaming is a topic that used to strike fear in the hearts of many, mainly for being overly complicated and unreliable, but over recent years it has become much more straight-forward and approachable. Now it’s easier than ever – thanks to the latest firmware updates from Sony for the PXW-Z90 and HXR-NX80, so whether you're streaming a video game, hosting a live Q&A or teaching a class, Sony’s update allows you to concentrate on your content, not your connection.
This article will show you how to live stream to YouTube Live, but you can choose from many social platforms such as Facebook Live, Periscope and Twitch when using Wi-Fi or a LAN connection.
1. Login YouTube and click “Go live”
2. In the YouTube Studio page, Select “NEW STREAM”
3. Fill and select the fields marked with the red arrows in the left side. After finishing it, select “CREATE STREAM”
4. Stream URL & Stream name/key are shown. Use this URL and key to configure PXW-Z90 and HXR-NX80
1. Network Setting
1a. Press the menu button and select [NETWORK SET] -> [Wi-Fi SET]->[ACCESS POINT SET] 1b. Select an access point to register and enter the password and select [Next]
1c. Connect a ether cable to the camera and confirm there is no error message
2. RTMP Setting
2a. Press the menu button and select [NETWORK SET] -> [RTMP/RTMPS] -> [PRESET 1]
3. Select 1280x720 or 640x360 as [SIZE]
4. Go to [DESTINATION SET] and fill [URL] with “Stream URL” and [Stream Name] with “Stream name/key”
Note: If you push “DISPLAY” button when inputting [Stream Name], *** will be turn into the actual character.
5. Start RTMP Streaming
Back to [NETWORK SET] -> [RTMP/RTMPS]. [EXECUTE] and select [Wi-Fi] or [Wired LAN]. This may take a few seconds. While the camera is stand-by like the screen shot below, push [Thumbnail] button and streaming from a camcorder to YouTube Live starts.
This may take a few seconds – three minutes.
When a camcorder starts streaming to YouTube Live, you can check your streaming image and control it by using the YouTube’s UI below.