17 December 2021
The NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 boasts a versatile wide-angle to telephoto zoom range, a fast constant aperture, and sharp focusing. From street scenes to landscapes to portraits, it’s a great walkaround lens for Nikon Z users who want to up their creative game.
With its lightweight build and sharp optics, the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 lets you capture superb images of everything that inspires you. The versatile zoom range covers a number of classic focal lengths, while the f/2.8 constant aperture allows more freedom to try out new ideas; easily capture the mood of dimly lit situations or explore the creative potential of shallow depth of field. It also allows you to shoot with faster shutter speeds in available light and freeze motion without sacrificing brightness.
The NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 focuses quickly and sharply, even when shooting up close to a subject, and it renders beautiful bokeh that will let you take your portraiture to the next level. This full-frame Z lens is also well-suited to video: the zoom range can cover wide establishing shots and medium shots, and focus breathing is suppressed.
Rob Harmon, Senior Commercial Lead, Nikon Northern Europe, says: “Lenses with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 have traditionally been developed for professionals, but the optical advantages of the Z mount mean we can offer the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 at a more affordable price. We’re excited to see even more photographers take their skills to the next level as they take advantage of the artistic possibilities that a fast constant aperture lens like this can offer.”
• Standard zoom range: fit in more of the scene at 28 mm. Nail compelling portraits at 75 mm.
• f/2.8 maximum aperture: the fast, constant aperture allows consistent exposure across the zoom range and clear shots in low light. Users can also shoot with faster shutter speeds in natural light.
• Beautiful bokeh: the large Z mount and f/2.8 rounded 9-blade aperture enable incredibly soft, natural-looking bokeh.
• Superb up close: minimum focus distance is just 0.19 m at 28 mm, and 0.39 m at 75 mm.
• Fast, confident focus: focusing is smooth, silent, and tack sharp—even when shooting at close range.
• Great-looking video: focus breathing is suppressed so focus can be adjusted without affecting the shot’s angle of view. Smooth aperture control enables beautifully natural-looking shifts in brightness.
• Intuitive control: the smooth click-less control ring can be used for precise manual focusing or to adjust aperture, ISO, or exposure compensation.
• Dust and drip resistant: the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 is dust- and drip-resistant, with a coating that makes the lens easy to clean.