05 September 2022
With the all-new Rotolight app for NEO 3 and AEOS 2, available on smartphones and tablets, you can easily adjust kelvin, brightness, HSI, Gels, flash settings and special effects, on up to 20 lights. Featuring a virtual replica of the award-winning touchscreen found on the back of the latest generation Rotolights, the app offers familiarity and ease of use. With real-time two-way communication between the app and the lights, all changes are instantly updated with zero latency, so you’re always in control.
Featuring a brand new virtual colour wheel, it lets you choose from an endless colour palette including 16.7million colours and 2,500 of your favourite filters. Create custom presets, effortlessly access key features and recall your favourite settings, right from the palm of your hand. Adjust a new green/magenta feature, added in a supporting firmware 2.0 release available now for the NEO 3 and AEOS 2.
Controlling your light when mounted inside modifiers has never been easier with the new Rotolight app. Revolutionise your workflow and save time on set and in the studio with real-time adjustments from up to 200ft. This makes the app the perfect accompaniment to the new range of Rotolight modifiers, enabling wireless adjustment of Rotolight’s world’s first electronic “SmartSoft” Box, as well as providing ease of use with the new R90 and R120 parabolic softboxes.
“We’re delighted to unveil our brand new Rotolight app, which when paired with our award-winning product range, enables us to deliver a world-class user experience that enhances the creative possibilities, and simplifies the workflows of imagemakers around the globe. With a focus on continued innovation and improvement via complimentary regular firmware updates and app enhancements, Rotolight continues to demonstrate its commitment to its existing user”
Rod Aaron Gammons, CEO and Co-Founder
• Real-time two-way adjustment between Rotolight equipment and app
• Adjust brightness and Kelvin settings from 3000-10,000K
• Easily store and recall custom lighting presets
• Select from an endless colour palette of 16.7 million colours, complete with a colour wheel and saturation control
• Adjust flash settings including power, group, modelling light, and flash duration along with Kelvin, HSI and gel flash settings
• Customize and remotely trigger Rotolight’s award-winning suite of cinematic lighting effects
• Select from 2500 classic lighting gels to enhance your creative possibilities
• Choose between daylight (D56) or tungsten (D32) or emulations of each filter or select from hundreds of real-world sampled light sources in ‘source match’ mode
• Instantly switch between continuous mode and flash mode from up to 200ft
• Wirelessly control diffusion from the ground-breaking Rotolight SmartSoft Box
Further app updates will follow over the coming months, with Rotolight announcing development for backwards compatibility for older generation lights in a Q4’22 update (ie NEO 2, AEOS 1, Anova PRO 2, Titan series). Whilst these older lights do not contain the wifi/Bluetooth chip found in NEO3/ AEOS2, the latest generation products will act as a “wireless bridge”, and retransmit the app data via the Skyport flash receiver, which is found in older generation lights, a further demonstration of Rotolight’s commitment to its existing user base. Additional group controls and further app functionality will follow in interim updates over the coming months, incorporating user feedback requests.