JUST ANNOUNCED: Sony FE 35mm F1.8
9 July 2019 | Category: General News
Sony today announced the latest addition to its E-mount full-frame lens line-up with the introduction of a FE 35mm F1.8 large-aperture wide-angle prime lens, model SEL35F18F.
The compact dimensions and low weight of this full-frame, large-aperture prime lens provide mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects from everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more.
The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from a maximum F1.8 aperture and its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting. Its small size means it is equally suited to APS-C as well as full-frame bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent 35mm focal length that is perfect for snapshots, portraits and more.
High resolution and large-aperture full-frame performance in a compact and lightweight lens
• Large F1.8 maximum aperture, weighing in at just 280 grams and measuring 65.6mm (diameter) by 73.0mm (length); this new lens sets a new standard for portability.
• Smart optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame. 9-blade circular aperture enables beautiful bokeh.
• Minimum focus distance of 0.22m and maximum magnification of 0.24x offer easy access to the world of close-up photography.
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
• Conveniently placed, customisable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus.
• Linear response manual focus for fine, responsive manual focus control.
• Dust and moisture resistant design adds to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and invoke a feeling of confidence in the user.
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
• Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for precise focus for both stills and movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
“A 35mm prime lens is a go-to lens for so many photographers as its versatility means that it is the right choice for so many different kinds of shot,” said Yann Salmon-Legagneur, Director of Product Marketing for Digital Imaging, Sony Europe. “Our new 35mm FE lens combines brilliant corner to corner clarity with a truly lightweight design and we are confident that it will appeal to a wide range of stills and movie shooters.”
Sony | Lens | FE 35mm F1.8 | Product Feature:
The Sony FE 35mm F1.8 is coming soon and will be available for hire, HERE.