JUST ANNOUNCED: Two New Nikkor Z Lenses Extend the Nikon Z Range
16 September 2020 | Category: General News
London, United Kingdom 16th September 2020: Today Nikon introduces two new NIKKOR Z lenses: the NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S, its first f/1.2 Z prime lens, and the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S – the world’s shortest full-frame f/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom¹. The lenses each bring significant capabilities to the ever growing Nikon Z mirrorless system.
Robert Harmon, Head of Commercial Planning at Nikon UK, comments: “These are significant new NIKKOR Z lenses, which we’re proud to be able to offer professionals. Our new 14-24mm perfectly completes our NIKKOR Z ‘trinity’ of professional zoom lenses, while the 50 mm mirrorless prime is a more affordable choice for pros who want optical performance that comes close to our remarkable S-line Noct, without sacrificing autofocus capabilities.”
ARTISTRY IN DETAIL. NIKKOR Z 50MM F/1.2 S
The NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S takes a special place in the Nikon Z line-up. Thanks to its incredible resolving power, unwavering autofocus and exceptional aesthetic control, this professional-standard prime lens is a legend in the making. From elaborate bokeh to finely detailed point light sources, professional image makers will be able to tease new levels of depth and detail from the classic 50 mm focal length – whether shooting stills or video. This lens takes full advantage of the Nikon Z mount’s remarkable light-gathering capabilities, and the f/1.2 maximum aperture enables vast control over depth of field.
• Professional f/1.2 prime lens. Elaborate bokeh. Finely detailed point light sources. Incredibly sharp from edge to edge. Superb in low light.
• Advanced optical construction. Featuring 17 lens elements in 15 groups, including two ED glass elements and three aspherical elements.
• Unwavering autofocus. Autofocus is fast, smooth, and quiet. Your area of focus is rendered sharply, even when shooting at close distances or with a shallow depth of field.
• Remarkably clean images. Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO coating combat ghosting and flare, even in backlit situations.
• Cinematic video footage. The large maximum aperture allows vast control over depth of field. Focus breathing is all but eliminated.
• Professional controls. The control ring is silent, and the Fn button can be customised. The OLED information panel lets you quickly and easily confirm vital shooting data.
• Weather-sealed. Every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed, and there is rubber sealing around the metal lens mount.
NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S First Impressions with Koyoko Munakata
MASTER OF SPACE. NIKKOR Z 14-24MM F/2.8 S
The NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S completes the Nikon Z line-up of high-performance ‘trinity’ lenses. Its superb rendering performance and compact build set this lens apart. Advanced optics, a wide Z mount and constant f/2.8 aperture enable thrilling performance that rivals even that of prime lenses. Light fall-off at the edges is effectively controlled, even when shooting wide open, and ghosting and flare are countered for stunning clarity. Photographers can bring to life the full beauty of every architectural composition, landscape and nightscape they choose to capture.
NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S First Impressions with Adrien Barakatmount.
Would you be interested in hiring these lenses? If so get in touch!
¹ Among interchangeable zoom lenses for full-frame (Nikon FX-format) digital cameras with interchangeable lenses with a focal range beginning at 14mm or lower, and a maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the zoom range, available as of September 2020. Statement based on Nikon research.