NEWS: Nikon Announces Z 7II and Z 6II
15 October 2020 | Category: General News
London, United Kingdom 14 October 2020: Nikon today announces the Nikon Z 7II and Nikon Z 6II – next-generation versions of its flagship Z 7 and Z 6 mirrorless cameras.
The full-frame Z 7II and Z 6II are designed around the ultra-wide Z mount and ever-expanding range of NIKKOR Z lenses. Both models benefit from; dual EXPEED 6 processing engines, faster and deeper buffers – supporting rapid continuous shooting, and dual card slots – catering for UHS-II SD and XQD or CFexpress cards. The cameras are also equipped with 4K/60p video capabilities. They can accommodate an optional new power battery pack – the MB-N11 – that supports vertical shooting, as well as the new WR-R11b wireless remote.
The Z 7II is the next evolution of the award winning Z 7, boasting superior subject acquisition, high-resolution and robust reliability. With greater dynamic range and performance across the wide ISO range, its processing power and buffer capacity enable shooting speeds up to 10 fps. Photographers can now capture 200 full-res JPEGs, or 77 12-bit uncompressed RAW images, in one burst.
The Z 7II’s enhanced AF capabilities offer wide-area AF support for human and animal subjects, subject-tracking AF that operates similar to 3D-tracking, and improved AF in low-light situations. The 3690k-dot electronic viewfinder (EVF) delivers a more natural view, with the high refresh rate reducing blackout.
The camera is suited to advanced and professional photographers demanding unparalleled expression of subject details. That could be a portrait photographer shooting at speed to capture textures in skin, hair, clothing and make up; or a landscape photographer requiring robust, lightweight equipment to travel harsh environments and capture scenes of nature.
Z 7II Features
• More power, greater detail. The wide Z mount combines with the large 45.7 MP full-frame sensor and twin EXPEED processors. Benefit from greater dynamic range and cleaner performance across the wide ISO range. Shoot video at resolutions up to 4K/60p.
• Maximum speed and reliability. Dual card slots let you use UHS-II SD cards in one slot and XQD or ultra-fast CFexpress cards in the other. Adapt to any workflow.
Ultra-wide, tack-sharp AF: focus with absolute tenacity. The camera returns to your selected focus point when it wakes from standby. Exposure metering down to -4 EV is available when shooting with an f/2 (or faster) lens.
• Shoot faster for longer – in silence. Shooting speeds of up to 10 fps allow immense flexibility, while the deeper buffer lets you keep shooting without interruption.
• A viewfinder that keeps up. The high-definition 3690k-dot electronic viewfinder (EVF) boasts a high refresh rate that greatly reduces blackout even when shooting at high speed.
• Displays that adapt to you. Customizable info displays let you quickly adjust settings, or you can choose to disable the info display completely when shooting stills. The EVF
automatically turns off if you flip out the monitor to shoot in Live View.
• Tough doesn’t begin to describe it. Rough terrain, harsh weather conditions or on-set fog machines—the fully-sealed Z 7II doesn’t flinch.
• SnapBridge. Nikon’s ever evolving SnapBridge app now lets you update your camera’s firmware via your smart device.
Nikon Z 7II Product Tour Video
The Z 6II builds upon the Z 6’s success. It offers robustness and ease of use, the ability to produce professional-grade cinematic videos, and powerful performance when capturing still moments. The camera’s ‘dust and drip’ resistance supports continuous shooting in harsh conditions, while a new ability to reverse rotate the focus ring lets users manually focus with the direction they are accustomed to.
Regarding video capabilities, the camera can deliver an output of 4K UHD and Full HD in both FX and DX-based movie formats. Its HLG shooting formats, meanwhile, preserve more detail, dynamic range and contrast – minimising post processing requirements². Improved Eye-Detection and Animal-Detection AF results in enhanced focus of subjects during video shooting.
These AF capabilities support superior still photography too, working alongside the camera’s improved speed and power. The Z 6II supports a continuous shooting speed of 14 fps³ and an increased maximum number of shots in continuous shooting; 200 JPEGs or 124 12-bit uncompressed RAW images in one burst.
The Z 6II is suited to users wanting to shoot cinematic videos in addition to stills with a compact system. It is the camera for professional video production or, for example, wedding photography where manoeuvrability, flexibility and uncompromised output quality are key.
Z 6II Features
• Create in any light. The wide Z mount and large 24.5 MP full-frame sensor enable clean, detailed images across the ultra-wide ISO range. Low-light AF now works down to -6 EV with and an f/2 (or faster) lens.
• So much faster. Shoot full-resolution stills at up to 14 fps with full AF/AE. Capture up to 200 JPEGs or 124 12-bit uncompressed RAW images in one burst.
• Twin EXPEED. Two processors double the power at your disposal for everything from AF to buffer capacity. Performance is smooth as silk, whether filming or shooting stills.
• Dual card slots. Adapt to any workflow. You can use UHS-II SD cards in one slot and XQD cards, or the latest ultra-fast CFexpress cards, in the other.
• A multimedia powerhouse. Capture sharper, cleaner video footage with broader dynamic range. Eye-Detection and Animal-Detection AF are available while filming—and you can output footage however you need.
• Built tough. With a super-strong, lightweight magnesium-alloy frame, this camera is easy to carry and tough enough to handle any location. It’s fully sealed against dust, dirt and moisture.
• NIKKOR Z. Love the cinematic depth of field you can achieve with the wide selection of fast-focusing, compact NIKKOR Z lenses.
• Z system versatility. You can use external Speedlight flashes even when shooting at high frame rates of up to 14 fps. The FTZ Mount Adapter gives you compatibility with over 300 F-mount NIKKOR lenses.
• SnapBridge: Nikon’s SnapBridge app now lets you update your camera’s firmware via your smart device.
Nikon Z 6II Product Tour Video