NEWS: Panasonic announces the next generation of camcorders with the AG-CX350
25 January 2019 | Category: Motion
Panasonic expands the usability of the handheld camcorder beyond conventional news gathering and recording applications to meet a wide range of professional needs.
- New 1.0” 15M Sensor brings 2000TV-lines and F12/F13 Sensitivity
- Superb 4K Image with 10bit Codec: ALL-I, 422LongG and New HEVC LongG
- Supporting HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and SDR Monitoring
- Industry’s Widest Class Lens with 32x Intelligent Zoom and 5-Axis Hybrid I.S.
- HD Live Streaming to Connect Directly to Facebook and YouTube Live
HDR IMAGE IN YOUR HANDS
Wide-Angle 24.5mm Optical 20x Zoom, Plus i.Zoom
The lens has the industry’s widest angle of 24.5mm on the wide end and allows recording of wide-angle images with minimal distortion, without the use of a conversion lens. The optical 20x zoom covers up to 490mm telephoto in all modes. Furthermore, the i.Zoom enables seamless zooming of up to 32x in HD or up to 24x in UHD from the telephoto end with no degradation in resolution. The AG-CX350 also comes with digital 2x/ 5x/ 10x zoom.
HDR-Compliant HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)
Thanks to HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) the AG-AC350 supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) which achieves a wide dynamic range on HDR-compatible TV monitors. The gamma mode can be selected from eight modes (HD, SD, FILMLIKE 1, FILMLIKE 2, FILMLIKE 3, FILM-REC, VIDEO-REC, HLG).
New High-Definition, High-Sensitivity 1.0-type 15M MOS Sensor
The 1.0-type MOS (approximately 15,030,000 pixels) offers an outstanding depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity. It supports multi-formats, such as UHD (3840 x 2160), FHD, HD and SD, and provides images without cropping in all modes. This MOS sensor also boasts high sensitivity of F12 (60Hz) /F13 (50Hz) (in both UHD and FHD in High Sensitivity mode).
- Built-in 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer
- Intelligent AF and Focus Assist
- Manual Three Rings
- Cabled/Wireless Remote Control Capability
SUPERB 4K IMAGE WITH 10BIT CODEC UP TO 50/59.94P WITHOUT CROPPING
New HEVC Codec for High-Image-Quality 10bit UHD/50 fps Recording at Low Bit Rate
The camcorder can record UHD/50 fps videos in high-image-quality 10bit on an SD memory card. It also features a new, high-efficiency HEVC codec (LongGOP, 10bit, 4:2:0, MOV).
10bit Variable Frame Rate (VFR) without Cropping
In UHD, variable frame rate (VFR) recording at 1fps to 50fps is possible. In FHD, super-slow can be realized at a maximum of 100fps. Both provide high-quality 10bit, full-frame pictures with no image area cropping even at high frame rates.
- MOV/AVCHD/P2 MXF* File Formats Supported
- Freeze Frame (Still Image Capture)
- Double Memory Card Slots Improve Recording Reliability
ENHANCED NETWORK CONNECTIVITY FOR LIVE
RTMP/RTSP-Compatible HD Streaming
The AG-CX350 can be used for live coverage of concerts and sports events as well as for live streaming of breaking news. Facebook, YouTube, and other streaming services are supported.
Easy IP Connection: Preinstalled NDI | HX
The industry’s first camcorder equipped with NDI | HX mode, it allows video transmission and camera control via IP connection, without using an external converter. The camera can be built in to larger systems working alongside Panasonic PTZ camera systems equipped with NDI | HX and the Live Production Centre AV-HLC100.
- Wireless Control from a Tablet or Smartphone
- Parallel Output of SDI and HDMI
- TC Synchro Multi-Camera Recording Supported
- Broadcast-Grade Picture Quality Adjustment Functions
- 24-bit PCM Supporting High-Resolution Audio
COMPACT, LIGHT WEIGHT, LOW POWER CONSUMPTION, AND EASE OF USE DESIGN
- Low Power Consuming, Large-Capacity Battery, Quick Charge
- Simultaneous Display on High-Brightness, High-Definition LCD and High-Resolution OLED EVF
- Compact, lightweight body 1.9 kg
AG-CX350 Promotional Video
The new Panasonic AG-CX350 camcorder is expected late February 2019 and will be available for hire, HERE.