Capture the Calm and the Storm
The Zoom F6 is the first professional field recorder to feature both 32-bit float recording and dual AD converters, providing an unprecedented amount of dynamic range. With 6 inputs, Zoom’s solid time code, multiple power options and wireless control, the F6 is poised to be your new secret weapon.
32-Bit Float Recording
In the field, fluctuating dynamics can prove challenging. Loud sounds can cause clipping and quiet sounds can get lost in the noise. The F6 uses 32-bit float recording with dual A/D converters to capture both explosive and subtle sounds at full audio quality – without ever needing to adjust gain!
For Those Hard to Reach Places
Rugged enough to withstand the most demanding scenarios and small enough to fit into the tightest spaces, the F6 will become your go-to recorder.
The F6 is equipped with six professional-grade preamps. Featuring a super-low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN), high gain (up to 75 dB), and selectable mic/line levels for each input, the F6 is built for location sound.
Keep your tracks perfectly synced even when you power down for lunch. On or off, the F6’s Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid
When recording in 24-bit, the F6 uses advanced look-ahead hybrid limiters to provide overload protection. By adding a 1-millisecond delay, the limiters “look ahead” anticipating clipping before it’s recorded.
Zoom AutoMix™ lets you keep your eyes on the action by automatically adjusting the levels of your mix to reduce ambient sound.
Monitor What Matters
Use the F6 with headphones (not i9ncluded) to keep tabs on your tracks pre- or post-fader. Check levels, route signals to the left or right and set alert tones for battery and recording status.
The F6’s Ambisonics mode offers precision A-to-B decoding and balanced gain linking, enabling you to capture spatial audio for VR, AR and more. Download the FREE Zoom Ambisonics Player software to decode and edit your 360-audio with ease.
• 6-channel/14-track field audio recorder/mixer
• 6 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR connectors
• High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
• Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options
• Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
• Zoom AutoMix™ software
• Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and when powered off) I/O on 3.5mm stereo mini; dropframe/non-drop formats with jam sync
• Three different power supply options: 4x AA batteries, Sony L-Series batteries, or Zoom AD-17 12V AC Adapter (batteries and AC adapter not included)
• 3.5mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack
• Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with volume control SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 1 TB
• Use as an 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (up to 32-bit float / 96kHz)
• Use as an audio interface and record to SD card simultaneously (up to 48kHz)
• Free Zoom F Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
If you record with a ZOOM F6 and need an easy way to carry it on location, then the PCF-6 Protective Case is the perfect companion. Durable and lightweight, this protective case is suitable for any indoor or outdoor environment. It offers top, side, and bottom access to the unit as well as a clear-windowed top cover so you can monitor the recorder’s screen in all production conditions.
The PCF-6 case includes two separate pieces—one for your field recorder and another for smaller items such as a wireless transmitter. The simple strap design allows you to add as much gear as you need, while giving you the flexibility to hold the F6 around your waist, around your neck, or over the shoulder.
Protect the F6 in the field and on location with the PCF-6.
Due to their low weight and the option of one-ear listening, the HD 25 headphones are indispensable for mobile monitoring. The closed-back HD 25 are purpose-designed, professional monitoring headphones offering high attenuation of background noise.
Capable of handling very high sound pressure levels and of extremely robust construction, these headphones perform exceptionally well in loud environments, e.g. ENG, sound reinforcement, studio monitoring and audio equipment testing. Ideal monitoring headphones for cameramen and DJs, these are a pair of true sound professionals’ working headphones.
• High sensitivity due to lightweight aluminium voice coils
• Capable of handling very high sound pressure levels
• Very lightweight and comfortable, even if used for long periods of time
• Tough, detachable, single-sided cable
• Rotatable capsule for single-ear listening
|F6 Multi-Track Field Recorder||1|
|- iM2075 Flight Case||1|
|- Battery Door||1|
|- SD Card Door Cover||1|
|- XLR Release Pin||6|
|- Camera Mount Adaptor with 1/4 inch Camera Screw||1|
|- Camera Mount Adaptor Securing Screws||4|
|- 32gb Extreme PRO 280mb/s SDHC II||1|
|PCF-6 Protective Case for F6||1|
|- F6 Pouch with Velcro Clear Cover||1|
|- Padded Shoulder/Waist Belt||1|
|- Wireless Receiver Pouch||1|
|HD 25 Headphones||1|
|- 3.5mm to 4.5mm Jack Adapter||1|
|- Soft pouch / Carry case||1|
|- Main unit||1|
Power source not included.
Camera and tripod not included.