The lens delivers high optical performance and comfortable operability for professional video shooting. Along with MKX50-135mmT2.9, MKX18-55mmT2.9 is the first full manual cinema lens to be compatible with the X Series interchangeable camera. In the 35mm format equivalent, MKX18-55mmT2.9 covers a focal distance from 27mm to 84mm and achieves a constant T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range, enabling a shallow depth of field as well as a beautiful bokeh effect. The lens design is optimised for shooting videos as it minimises focus shift and optical axis shift while zooming, and reduces lens breathing (the change of angle of view during focusing). The lens also features three rings to enable manual and independent operation of focus, zoom and iris (aperture), all with the gear pitch of 0.8M (module). The focus rings can rotate fully up to 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing. These features make the lens very comfortable and convenient to operate.
• MKX18-55mmT2.9 uses an optical construction comprising 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with six super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements.
• It has T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range which facilitates the increasingly popular style of bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field.
• The MKX lens achieves advanced optical performance despite its compact and lightweight body by incorporating the benefits of short flange focal distance of X Mount into optical design to the maximum extent. This accommodates shooting with a limited number of people.
• The electrical contact to communicate with the X Series camera not only corrects the distortion and the colour/brightness shading, but also achieves various colour expressions with Film Simulation modes.
• The focus ring features a rotation of a full 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing even when shooting with a shallow depth-of-field where a high degree of precision is required.
• The lens features three fully manual rings to enable independent adjustment of focus, zoom and iris (aperture). This enables intuitive operations which cannot be attained with an electrical mechanism that typically causes time lag.
• All the operation rings have a gear pitch of 0.8M, the same as all other FUJINON cine lenses, which allows the use of standard third-party accessories for video production such as follow focus systems.
• The iris supports seamless adjustment that is free of clicking. This enables precise and silent exposure adjustment while also preventing noise and camera shake caused by the clicking.
• The gears for the three rings are positioned in the same place so as to eliminate the need to re-position accessories when switching MKX lenses.
• The lenses feature a flange focal distance adjustment function to achieve optimum camera and lens matching, bringing out the lenses' full optical performance.
• The lenses have a macro function that allows shooting close-up to broaden the range of scenes that can be covered with one lens:
MK18-55mm: Minimum Object Distance* of 0.38m (wide end)
MK50-135mm: Minimum Object Distance of 0.85m (wide end)
|iM2306 Black Flight Case||1|
|Lens Hood (With Cap with short black thumb screw)||1|
|82mm Lens Cap||1|
|Black Thumb Screw (on Lens)||1|
|Silver thumb Screw||1|
|Short Black Thumb Screw||1|
|Monopod Mount (with 2 x Black Thumb Screws)||1|