- Rugged lightweight structure
- Equipped with a focus limiter
- Tripod socket with high usability
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof design with rubber sealing
- 10 exclusive low-dispersion glass elements
- Customization is possible to improve versatility
- Nikon electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism included
- Manual Override (MO) capable of switching two full-time manual modes
- Optical stabilisation - this function utilizes a built-in mechanism that compensates for camera shake, dramatically expanding photographic possibilities by alleviating camera movement when shooting by hand held camera. This function utilizes a built-in motor driven by ultrasonic - waves that compensates for camera shake.
- HSM quiet and fast autofocus
One of the most highly anticipated lenses from the Sigma Global Vision line, the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports is the new flagship large-aperture telephoto zoom lens that meets the most stringent needs of professional photographers. Robust yet lightweight, the lens’ magnesium body ensures high mobility and its dust and splash-proof structure together with the water and oil-repellent coating on the front element ensure safe use even in the most challenging shooting conditions. It also incorporates Intelligent OS with an acceleration sensor and the latest algorithm capable of panning in all directions. The lens’ optical design, incorporating 10 exclusive low-dispersion glass elements, allows for extremely high resolution, from the center to the corners. By optimizing spherical aberration, a smooth and natural bokeh effect is achieved when using the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports for portrait photography. The versatility of this lens is demonstrated in various customization options via an AF Function button either through the camera body or Sigma USB Dock.
Lens construction: 24 elements in 22 groups
Angle of view: (35mm) 34.3-12.3°
Number of diaphragm blades: 11 (Rounded diaphragm)
Minimum aperture: F22
Minimum focusing distance: 120cm / 47.2in.
Maximum magnification ratio: 1:4.8
Filter size: φ82mm
Dimensions: ø94.2mm x 202.9mm / ø3.7in. x 8.0in.
Weight: 1,805g / 63.7oz.
|82mm Lens Cap||1|
|82mm U/V Filter||1|
|iM2306 Black Flight Case||1|
|Tripod mount / socket (TS-121) with 4 x securing bolts (in place)||1|
15 August 2019
The Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports has bagged the EISA prize for Professional Telephoto Zoom Lens 2019-2020.Read full article
NB: If extremely precise autofocus is required, the Sigma calibration dock will fine-tune the relationship between the specific camera and the specific Sigma lens you are using. For ultra precision, you may also want to hire the Datacolor SpyderLENSCAL calibration chart. Please see accessories below.